See what I did there, with the rhyming post title? I figured I can be a little cheesy/clever in honor of my mom’s birthday. One great thing about my mom’s birthday being just six days before Christmas is that I’ve always been around to celebrate with her! Unlike most years when mom makes her own birthday dinner, we went to Dan and Melissa‘s house to celebrate this year. A great time was had by all!
I hardly know where to start as far as saying how/why my mom is the bomb, so here’s five reasons:
- 99.9% of the time she is supernice (yes I just quoted Jenna Marbles there). But it’s true! My mom is super thoughtful and compassionate, always caring for the feelings of others.
- She’s the best shopper out there. My mom and I have spent so much quality time together in boutiques and malls.
- She is a hard worker; she’s self-motivated and determined. She gets tons of food and housework organized for holiday parties, she always has the yard looking good and she scrubs the floor without complaining.
- She has her priorities straight. By example, she taught me to take care of nice things but that materialism isn’t anything to stress about- I’m so thankful my mom never yelled at me for chipping a dish, and for never freaking out about lost/stolen stuff.
- She loves life. I’m thankful to see my parents thriving in this empty nest stage of life. My mom has the house decorated all cute for Christmas, she’s always down to play a game, she still appreciates a good frappuccino or making a stop for frozen yogurt…basically she’s really fun and I love her for it.
Of course there is nothing exhaustive about this list, and I can confidently say these five items do not do justice to the awesomeness of my mom. But basically she’s the bomb and I love her!