I’m happy to announce that I’m here with our final health tips for 2016!
Before I share the tips, I have a confession to make; something I realized about myself this summer when I was packing my things to move to a new condo.
MY NAME IS SARAH AND I POSSESS HOARDER-LIKE TENDENCIES.
Notice I didn’t say “I AM A HOARDER.” I’m truly not a full-fledged hoarder. However, in some aspects of life I hang on to way too much stuff. (Example: I stopped buying groceries approximately 4 weeks before I moved, and I still had food to move.)
What does my hoarding have to do with the December Health Tips, you ask? Great question! I unintentionally hoarded a whole bunch of tips from the Popsugar article I’ve been referring to throughout the year. So, congratulations, readers! Thanks to my tip-hoarding, here are a whole bunch of health tips that you can work on yet this year and bring with you to the new year!
- Do squats while brushing your teeth. I am not in this habit, but it’s a decent challenge/idea.
- Make overnight oats so you have breakfast ready for you in the morning. Oatmeal has GOT to be one of the best breakfasts ever. Overnight oats are super delicious; another good option is baked oatmeal.
- Schedule an at-home workout. Heck, how about this: schedule ALL of your workouts. Each weekend I plan out the four times I will work out the following week. I find this to be key in fitness. On busy weeks, I have to plan ahead and go to the gym before work. When weeks are less busy, I space out my workouts so I’m not too sore by workout four.
- Sleep eight hours a night for a week. Challenge accepted. I love beauty sleep. 🙂
- Take healthy snacks to work. I back this tip 100%. Some snacks I recommend are: granola bars or protein bars (I’ve posted about my bar obsession here, but since then Luna and Cliff have released a few bars with lower sugar so check them out too!); Greek yogurt, an apple with peanut butter, popcorn, or healthy smoothies.
- Carry a reusable water bottle with you. I do this and I highly recommend it for all! Side note, I need to WASH my reusable water bottle on a much more regular basis. (2017 New Year’s Resolution?)
- When you are cold, don’t turn up the heat. Instead, do 10 push-ups. I have never thought to do this before but I am going to accept this as a challenge.
I hope some of these tips have inspired you. I know that I will be challenged this month and in 2017 with these!
May your days be merry and bright, and healthy and happy!