I saw a cover band this Valentine’s day with Kara and Megan, two blonde pals. We endured the cold of the night to have a chance to dress cute and go out.
I’m glad we went… although we had a few laughs of the evening:
- We didn’t know there was a cover charge… and you had to pay cash. I only had $7 to my name (shout-out to Kara for spotting me that final necessary $1).
- I ordered a water at the bar and then got busy chatting with my friends. A second later I picked up a clear glass only to discover (a) I was drinking a SPRITE that (b) was not mine.
The Germ Police should’ve showed up at that moment…
- At first people were only line dancing. Let this awkward girl (me) be the first to tell you, YOU CAN’T FAKE LINE DANCING. There is a right and a wrong way to line dance so I had to wait until a group of girls started normal dancing. (Side note, turns out Megan picks up line dancing like she grew up on a freakin farm! SO impressive and SO opposite of Kara and me -ha!)
- Party foul: the cover band took a break…that lasted forty minutes. They were, like, upset that not many people were dancing, and we wondered if the band was actually in the middle of some fight among themselves (if we were grading them on chemistry they’d probably get the same grade as I got in college – think: passing, but barely. Awk).
- I realized that I’m spoiled because I’m used to seeing Bella Cain who is the best cover band I’ve ever experienced. So, go see Bella Cain and not the cover band I’m not mentioning due to my brutal review.
Although I’m assuming Valentine’s Day 2015 will not be the best Valentine’s Day of my life, it was spent with good company and somewhat decent music. I can’t complain (too much)!