I had a lovely time with great ladies this weekend! Five of my favorite college girls road tripped to Wisconsin to see me. Usually after hosting a bunch of guests I’d expect to feel exhausted. Instead, I feel happy, filled, and even more rested– these girls are exceptional company. They washed more dishes than I did, and Victoria even did lots of the cooking with me! I’m thankful for sweet friends and for a perfect visit.
What’s the difference between an autobiography and a self-interview? Is there even such thing as a self-interview or did I just make up that term?
Listening To: Good stuff! New tunes from Noise Trade (including Ben Rector, Jenny & Tyler, fun. and Tyler Hilton); A new playlist as relayed from my friend Megan (and she has THE BEST taste in music! She’s got me listening to CHVRCHES, The National and Iron&Wine). Oh, and of course I’m also jammin to Miranda Lambert‘s newest, Automatic.
Watching: Private Practice. I never considered myself a medical drama person but for some reason I’m hooked. I’m also watching The Bachelor (Team Renee alllll the way) and Nashville. Netflix has me re-watching New Girl and a little Glee too. Oh, and the Olympics, of course!
Reading: I just finished Divergent so I suppose Insurgent is next on the list. So far I’m a big fan of the series! I also started getting the Seventeen magazine for free (I now know what a non-requester copy is and I think that’s what’s going on there. #marketinggirl), so I’m skimming those teeny-bopper mags as a guilty pleash (I mean it’s free so why not).
Loving: My new nutri-bullet (banana ice cream, anyone?!), living in the Cteve Hut, variety in my job, the homework-free life, Jillian Michaels kickboxing. I would consider this array of items a full out variety pack (so cheers to that).
Hating: The winter! I’m so over it, people. Today after work, I literally wished I had a shovel rather than my snow scraper to remove the inches of white fluff off of my car. I creeped and crawled home in my little car, hoping to not join other unfortunate cars chillin in the ditch. You should have seen my parking job! Obviously my goal wasn’t even to make it remotely in the lines, and I honestly have no clue if I’m parked on a sidewalk or in the middle of the lot!
Missing: All the Trolls! I miss my college friends a lot- both as individual friends, and as a whole. I loved being able to hang out with people who were around me all of the time. I miss lunch dates, pre-class hangout times, movie nights, naps in the dorms, cafeteria socializing. . . the list goes on.
Anticipating: My birthday (March 6 in case anybody forgot!). Summer. Weekend trips to visit friends. Weddings. Vacation.
Bedtime: 10pm. Current Time: 9:59. Wow, that was clever of me.
Until next time! Cheers!
Without even trying to have a perfect number I conveniently came up with ten highlights of summer 2013:
1: Annie’s Bachelorette Party. I loved hanging out with all the ladies and having a really fun time just being together. Planning the bash with my BFF Kate was fun, too. And of course the “Bride In The Middle!” pictures.
2. Annie and Travis Getting Married. I loved the wedding, and the reception was exceptionally fun, too. What a beautiful day and a great couple!
3. Going Up North. Of course if we have to get specific, going up north for the Fourth is the best, but in reality I loved each visit to the northern woods.
4. Megan and Ben’s Wedding. July 13 was a long anticipated day, and there were so many special elements to the whole wedding weekend. Standing up for the couple was a true honor, being able to visit with most of my close friends was great, and flying by myself was a new experience!
5. Florida Georgia Line for cheap at a county fair. Somebody in our group discovered a freakishly short line to get in, too, which was clutch.
7. Establishing the Cteve Hut. Have I mentioned that our apartment adviser/coordinator is my new best friend? Yeah we talk… #kiddingnotkidding ha. Anyway Cteve Hut is great and it breaks my heart a little that I can’t just be there.
8. Seeing Danielle punctually after her engagement. I am glad it worked to meet up with Danielle. Fun fact- she’s my only college friend I have visited every summer 🙂
9. I Hope It Rains video with Lauren & Jilli. I love when the two sets of sisters get together, and though our locations and schedules disagreed for most of this summer, we are hopeful to begin regular hangout times again in the future.
10. Girl Trip to Florida. I hardly know what to even say about this one. We did a lot of shopping, sun-time…and the eight of us drove everywhere in a seven passenger SUV. Honestly, the trip was perfect.
I just know there are memories to be made for the rest of 2013; I’m so excited to discover whatever may come my way!
Today marks a day my sister and I have been dreaming about for years. We found an apartment together and moved in!
Elizabeth and I had been seriously considering the idea of living together since Thanksgiving and the thought became a reality late winter when Elizabeth found a job in Wisconsin.
I’ll be living here for what’s left of my summer, and once I graduate college I’ll be back for good!
Elizabeth and I have some exciting ideas in store for the next few months. Stay tuned!
Also- a huge thanks to our family for the support you’ve given us, today and always.