I have a thing where I go to the Starbucks drive-through whenever I go in to work early. On those week day mornings, I almost always order plain coffee (if we’re getting specific it’s a grande blonde roast with non-fat milk). But on the weekends if I get a chance to step up my fancy a bit, I love ordering cappuccinos-and enjoying the whole thing in the coffee shop. Today I ordered one of my favorites from Colectivo Coffee- a cappuccino with almond milk.
Megan’s been drinking green tea (seriously I gotta jump on that train because its health benefits are phenomenal). Is a girl supposed to order a hot drink or a cold drink if it’s May but also cold and rainy? I chose the hot option, and Megan went with the iced green tea. I don’t think either of us went wrong.
I’m thankful that Megan and I were able to enjoy our favorite drinks together on this rainy weekend afternoon.
Hey y’all! I’m in superblogger mode here at Colectivo Coffee. I’ve been wanting to blog here ever since I’ve discovered Alterra/Colectivo (or ever since I started blogging; I’m not quite sure which came first). I had a slew of things to blog about but I can’t just yet because life right this very moment is screaming inspiration. Here’s what I’ve got goin on so far:
1. Arrive at Colectivo; there is a spot open in the parking lot! Score.
2. Order coffee. “Would you like that in a mug?” I decide to go green and take it in a mug.
3. SPILL SOME OF THE COFFEE ON THE GROUND. Thankfully I didn’t spill any on anybody (that I know of) but nevertheless there is shame involved. (Also I didn’t burn my hand #blessed.)
4. FORGET TO BRING THE EAR BUDS. Two strikes in a row, friends. Yikes. And of course Colectivo is bumpin’ so there’s just one spot left at this bar type of table, facing a window but next to a pair of people. I call them a pair, not a couple, because I can’t determine whether this is a blind date or perhaps some kind of interview? I don’t think they know each other but that, too, is hard to say for sure. I don’t mean or even try to eavesdrop on their conversation but remember, I forgot to bring the ear buds. It happens.
5. Take a serious risk. (Technically this should go with Step 2 as I made this purchase with my coffee). I bought a yogurt parfait with REGULAR (not gluten-free) granola. I scanned the ingredients and the only questionable one was oats. Side lesson: oats are technically gluten-free but they are typically grown alongside of wheat (read: gluten). I don’t cheat on my GF diet intentionally (trust me, it happens by accident; who would even check to see if there’s wheat powder in scrambled eggs? Not me). I’m not sure if this counts as cheating– it’s a test to see how I feel tomorrow morning. But still it makes me nervous. Pray for me. 🙂
6. Ok! Now I’m ready to write a few more blog posts. I’m lovin life, and spring, and my outfit!
Here’s to a wonderful week for everyone!
January has been here, there, and everywhere for this girl! I rang in the New Year at my family’s cabin Up North. Then, I took a few days to settle into the Cteve Hut! And then, I started a new chapter of life (technically, I started more of a second-book-in-the-same-series, if you will). I. Am. Not. A. Student. Anymore. *insert all the happy and sad faces here.*
So this new chapter/book. I’ve already worked two whole weeks, what?! I’m thankful for my job, and I’m beginning to get the hang of this life, but there are a few things I’m missing about college. I suppose that’s to be expected! Shoutout to #phil102c because I keep telling myself what I said once in class, that work is the vegetables of life- working is good for me and necessary for my health.
Even though January isn’t my fave month (in fact, it’s among my least faves- winter with virtually no holidays.. what’s there to love?) I have been doing a few things to keep life interesting. I started a Fantasy Bachelorette League (it’s Juanderful!) which, I mean, is pretty exciting. I also have been doing a little exporing of the Milwaukee area (I’m alllllways gonna be down for Colectivo, FYI).
Our league is now officially named Girls [And Guys] Just Juan To Have Fun. Ha!
Here’s to the second half of January! Let’s make the most of these [short] nights!