I’m just gonna say it: I love iced coffee. The love affair began in college. I treasure memories running out of stats class in order to move my car close to my philosophy classroom building so that I could take friends to Dunkin’ Donuts after lecture but before the next class would begin (read: we had a ten minute time frame). We had the mini-trip down to a SCIENCE. Usually my friend Lisa and I would go, taking with a “new friend” or two to get in on the fun. Other times, I would walk to Dunkin with students I mentored or my roommate Allison. One time, a complete stranger bought a round for me and a group of friends! (Shout out wherever you are, Tommy Bahama Shirt Man!) Keep in mind Dunkin only charges $1. But still! Another time Lisa and I got “yelled at” in the drive through for ordering too many iced coffees in the drive through (“If you’re going to order THAT MANY you really need to come inside!” -Noted).
The iced coffee appreciation has continued past college, though. My absolute favorite iced coffee comes from Starbucks. I go through phases of how exactly my iced coffee is ordered (sometimes with soy and no sweetner, other times with coconut milk and 2 pumps sweetner, and if I want to go BIG it’s with light cream and 2 pumps of toffee nut).
Being the open-minded girl I try to be, I’m always down to try other versions of iced coffee other than Dunkin and Starbz. I will admit my recent trip to McDonalds did not yield the best results (#BUT4REAL how do you get “extra cream” out of “with just a teeny tiny bit of cream please”).
Bonus points for finding independent coffee shops to meet up with friends for iced coffee. (I’m thinking about the times I met up with Victoria and Kelly!) Being a Wisconsinite, I enjoy the Colectivo iced coffee (but my favorite bev there is the cappuccino with almond milk!)
Lots of people drink soda as an afternoon pick-me-up at work. I like iced coffee as my beverage to eagerly await after 1pm rolls around.
Iced coffee also tastes great in my car, with my sparkle sleeve and when my nails are painted ESSIE Saturday Night Disco. Just sayin’.
My family used to volunteer to watch kids occasionally in our church’s nursery. When parents would bring their children in, my dad would always ask,
Are YOU ready for a fun-filled, action-packed time?
That same phrase has come to my mind several times-this week, and this semester. Knowing how fast three years of college flew, I was convinced my final four months would vanish in the blink of an eye. And that’s just what happened.
I use art to process events, so I’ll be posting about more snapshots of specific adventures that happened at the end of this semester. I’m also making a Smash Book (yay!) and I’m excited to see where that brings me.
In the meantime: a huge THANK YOU to
- My family, for supporting me fully through this journey
- All the older people who “poured into me” and helped me to grow-RAs, RDs, professors, campus leaders . . .
- Everyone involved in FYF- the directors, my co-mentors, and all those freshmen and transfer students who shaped my life more than anyone would imagine
- My roommates, for teaching me how to live with people (and that’s not always easy!)
- LLI– for allowing me to visit Peru in January, 2011 and for shaping my life because of it
- Work- because everybody in the office was hospitable and kind, and you all taught me so much about real life work (and event planning, and baby bibs and etc etc)
- The Businesspeople- profs and classmates, for teaching me so much about marketing and management and life. And for giving me a reason to become a little sassy.
- My friends- you know who you are, and I’m going to miss you all, and I hope you come visit me!
- The Mail Center- because obv y’all deserve your own shout-out, and because my day was always a little better after visiting you guys
- Maybe also a S/O should go for Dunkin Donuts because I probs couldn’t have passed my classes without the caffeine. So thanks for that.
There’s one thing left to say…
. . . instagram.com is a thing? Well, it is and I love it! If you have an Instagram account, check out the website.
Also I’m currently in Caribou Coffee (my favorite) and an iced coffee might actually be the best way to start the day. I sort of feel like I could conquer the world now.