Maybe it was in November when we took a trip to Door County, or maybe it was sometime before that, but Kara+Katie+Sarah started using a hashtag #DutchTrio and it kind of stuck (I also talked about the #DutchTrio name in this post). Anyway, the three of us were able to spend time together a few Fridays ago and I’m still smiling about the good time we had together.
I love my besties and I am so excited for the very good times we have ahead of us. Whether we hop on a plane to take a mini-vacay or if we’re strolling down the gravel paths of the Local County Fair, I treasure every moment I have with my blonde BFFs.
So this picture!
I hate to be the PHOTO CRITIC but I was disappointed by the red eye factor. But the important thing is, we are TOGETHER and HAPPY and WEARING CUTE OUTFITS, so that’s gotta be worth something. XO!
I saw a cover band this Valentine’s day with Kara and Megan, two blonde pals. We endured the cold of the night to have a chance to dress cute and go out.
I’m glad we went… although we had a few laughs of the evening:
- We didn’t know there was a cover charge… and you had to pay cash. I only had $7 to my name (shout-out to Kara for spotting me that final necessary $1).
- I ordered a water at the bar and then got busy chatting with my friends. A second later I picked up a clear glass only to discover (a) I was drinking a SPRITE that (b) was not mine.
The Germ Police should’ve showed up at that moment…
- At first people were only line dancing. Let this awkward girl (me) be the first to tell you, YOU CAN’T FAKE LINE DANCING. There is a right and a wrong way to line dance so I had to wait until a group of girls started normal dancing. (Side note, turns out Megan picks up line dancing like she grew up on a freakin farm! SO impressive and SO opposite of Kara and me -ha!)
- Party foul: the cover band took a break…that lasted forty minutes. They were, like, upset that not many people were dancing, and we wondered if the band was actually in the middle of some fight among themselves (if we were grading them on chemistry they’d probably get the same grade as I got in college – think: passing, but barely. Awk).
- I realized that I’m spoiled because I’m used to seeing Bella Cain who is the best cover band I’ve ever experienced. So, go see Bella Cain and not the cover band I’m not mentioning due to my brutal review.
Although I’m assuming Valentine’s Day 2015 will not be the best Valentine’s Day of my life, it was spent with good company and somewhat decent music. I can’t complain (too much)!
Blonde County was a trip I took with two of my closest, blondest friends to Door County, WI! We had a great time exploring the little stores and restaurants. Even though a lot of places were closed for the season, there was plenty for us to do in the twenty-some hours of our trip.
Our first meal stop was for lunch at Lambeau Field! Katie and Kara had never been there so exploring Packer Territory was a lot of fun.
I had a great Sunday afternoon with my adorable friend Kara! The weather was nice, we got to be outside, and we took the opportunity to get dressed up. I’m thankful for Kara and for our time together downtown!
I also gained a new appreciation with this song at church on Sunday. Check it out!
My friend Lisa popularized the term “honest moment” when we were going camping and one gentleman who came with (Let’s call him Steve) was wearing khaki shorts, a pink polo and had Starbucks in hand. Lisa said,
“Hey Steve, can we have an honest moment? You look like you’re going to a yacht club, not camping.”
*Insert chuckle here; it was FUNNY!* You get the whole honest moment phrase concept, yes?
Here’s my honest moment: I think I looked real cute this one day, but barely anyone saw me… so this is me showing the world my adorable outfit.
Cute outfit made cuter with a matching purse 🙂
And if you want a REAL honest moment, ask me where I bought the dress!
Thanks for humoring me in my little sideshow. Also, the pictures are blurry but let’s all just consider it an artsy touch, yeah?