Per usual, I’m finding myself excited about some new stuff going on!
I’m listening to:
Chris Stapleton – Nobody To Blame. OK, I am feeling a bit hypocritical because I was the girl hatingggg on Chris at the recent CMAs but then I heard this song and instantly liked it. You win, Chris. Literally.
Luke Bryan and Karen Fairchild – Home Alone Tonight. I have honestly been Little Big Town’s biggest fan since their first album (proof: I had a volkswagen beetle shaped CD PLAYER where I would play their album “The Road To Here” every morning while I got ready for school.) So when my man Luke released a song with LBT’s Karen, I was instantly a fan.
Sam Hunt – Break Up In A Small Town. I had heard this song many times but one day VERY early in the morning, I was driving to work and heard that “she was over me before the grass grew back where she used to park her car” and I was all, wow I looooove this songggg.
Winter gear, yay! Boots, scarves, vests. You know, the cute winter stuff that is the top reason why winter is OK after all. My name is Sarah and I love winter fashion.
Rules of Engagement, Switched at Birth, Grey’s Anatomy (Megan and I are almost caught up!!!!), and the Bachelor (which is going to be a Monday night party at my place!).
#GirlBoss and I have to admit that Sophia Amoruso is not my current role model but hey I’m still reading about her youth so my opinion might change. I started this book in October and I don’t think I touched it in November or December so January seemed like a good time to pick it back up. I’m also reading the book of Hebrews (from the Bible) with my church and I just finished reading Matthew (from the Bible) on my own.
In my free-time I am:
Exercising || Blogging || Smashbooking || Attending concerts || Reading || Spending time with my friends || Pinteresting my friends’ weddings
Today is my three year blogiversary with WordPress! My little blog was called “This Is My Year” at the time. I have to admit that 2013 was one kickin’ year, which included a trip to Italy, my 21st birthday (but that’s another story), living in two amazing housing situations; special weddings AND graduation from college.
Pre-story! I actually had a cutie-little blog, All About Cteve, which was launched my sophomore year of college; I ended that blog mainly because I ran out of free photo space on that page (I’m Dutch, need I say more?!).
I didn’t want to be vain, though, and knowing I was coming off of an amazing high which was college, I figured it would be a bit unrealistic to call 2014 “[This Is] My Year,” too, so I went with the general “sideshow” and have decided to stick with that name, for the time being at least.
When I fell in love with Gym (see what I did there?), I cut back on the #bloglyfe BIG TIME. But I missed blogging, and I still enjoy blogging, and I’m not ready to give up blogging. That being said, my posts are indeed fewer and farther between, but I also don’t intend for them to stop anytime soon. How’s that for vague?
So I will continue with my little life blog. Stay tuned for whatever I want to share, whether it’s health tips or silly stories and fashion or songs or some new gig I may get into some day.
Since this is a sentimental post already, here was my 2015 best nine (left to right and then top to bottom) Meeting Love & Theft | Becoming an Auntie | Time with my family | Time with my TRIO | Florida vacation | Visits from Brittany | Quality cousin time | Having a group of “local friends” | Summer memories including Allison’s visit and baseball games.
I love blogs! To be honest, I catch up on my blogs while on the exercise bike
as blogs help me forget the pain I subject myself to while buring calories. I find blog-reading while biking to be a productive and fun habit.
- I love A Beautiful Mess, sometimes just for the pictures! Talk about a well-done blog. ABM is a super polished, professional, fun and crafty blog that I’ve enjoyed for several years. I love that ABM is spearheaded by two sisters (shout-out to my cyber-role-models Elise + Emma!). I love that ABM has a vast variety of content, including home decor, recipes, crafts, and fashion! I also love the personal blogs of some of the contributors.
- [ABM Contributor] Rachel’s personal blog is Smile and Wave. Rachel is honestly one of the reasons I started to wear my hair curly (!!) and she posts very cute things related to crafts, home decor, and her kids.
- [ABM Contributor] Katie’s personal blog is Skunkboy and her posts always include really good pictures, and often fashion, crafts and recipes. I think Katie is adorable and she someone I’d love to meet someday.
- Honest moment on the blog: I just today started following [ABM Contributor] Laura’s blog, The Band Wife. I think Laura is one of the prettiest and classiest ladies ever (read: I want to BE Laura) so I figure I will probably adore her blog, too.
Jumping off the ABM train:
- Another blog that I totally love is the Lauren Conrad blog! From Chic of the Week to health tips to Friday Favorites to sneak peaks of Lauren’s clothes line at Kohl’s, I’m always interested in what Lauren posts.
- I recently discovered His & Hers Daily Grind and I’m really getting into it! I’ve mostly just looked at fashion pictures so far, but I find this couple to be adorable and inspiring…and I admire their polished-looking blog.
- I love Kendi Everyday because it’s a blog that makes me think about my friend Victoria who shares a love for blogs with me. I love a lot of Kendi’s outfits, and even though I often look at her pictures without reading the posts, Kendi really is a good writer, too.
- FAVORITE BLOG, COMING RIGHT UP! Katie Did What is my #1-absolute-favorite blog. Katie is so pretty, she loves Jesus, she’s got great taste in fashion, she values her health, she watches the bachelor, and she adores her husband. Her blog features a variety of topics and I really admire Katie’s optimism and cutesy spirit and writing style.
Besides word of mouth from friends, I discover blogs (and keep up with them!) through Bloglovin‘ which can be used on the computer or as an app (or both!).
What other blogs do you follow?
Hey y’all! I’m in superblogger mode here at Colectivo Coffee. I’ve been wanting to blog here ever since I’ve discovered Alterra/Colectivo (or ever since I started blogging; I’m not quite sure which came first). I had a slew of things to blog about but I can’t just yet because life right this very moment is screaming inspiration. Here’s what I’ve got goin on so far:
1. Arrive at Colectivo; there is a spot open in the parking lot! Score.
2. Order coffee. “Would you like that in a mug?” I decide to go green and take it in a mug.
3. SPILL SOME OF THE COFFEE ON THE GROUND. Thankfully I didn’t spill any on anybody (that I know of) but nevertheless there is shame involved. (Also I didn’t burn my hand #blessed.)
4. FORGET TO BRING THE EAR BUDS. Two strikes in a row, friends. Yikes. And of course Colectivo is bumpin’ so there’s just one spot left at this bar type of table, facing a window but next to a pair of people. I call them a pair, not a couple, because I can’t determine whether this is a blind date or perhaps some kind of interview? I don’t think they know each other but that, too, is hard to say for sure. I don’t mean or even try to eavesdrop on their conversation but remember, I forgot to bring the ear buds. It happens.
5. Take a serious risk. (Technically this should go with Step 2 as I made this purchase with my coffee). I bought a yogurt parfait with REGULAR (not gluten-free) granola. I scanned the ingredients and the only questionable one was oats. Side lesson: oats are technically gluten-free but they are typically grown alongside of wheat (read: gluten). I don’t cheat on my GF diet intentionally (trust me, it happens by accident; who would even check to see if there’s wheat powder in scrambled eggs? Not me). I’m not sure if this counts as cheating– it’s a test to see how I feel tomorrow morning. But still it makes me nervous. Pray for me. 🙂
6. Ok! Now I’m ready to write a few more blog posts. I’m lovin life, and spring, and my outfit!
Here’s to a wonderful week for everyone!
Don’t worry guys, blogiversary is a registered word in the [Urban] Dictionary so there’s instant credibility for my word choice right there.
WordPress notified me that I registered for sjongetjes.wordpress.com one year ago today!
I started this blog as This Is My Year! in order to record my interim trip to Italy. I’m so happy with all the directions this blog took. With 300 posts and 105 followers, I’m thrilled and thankful for everyone who’s joined me in this journey!
If I could buy a round of these fantastic Italian coffee chocolate drinks, believe me, I would. The best I can do is say cheers, and recommend that if you ever visit Italy to definitely indulge in
one a few of these.
Happy 2014, everyone! I finallllly committed to a new blog name. My sister Elizabeth suggested Sideshow, and I like it because (unlike This Is My Year), this blog name can last for any amount of time and not just for twelve set months.
Life is kinda like a sideshow. I feel like there’s so many moving parts and any given snapshot of life is a sideshow of something else. With a sideshow, sometimes you plan and sometimes you wing it. And I think that’s just how it should be.
If I’m keeping it real, I’ll admit that I also like Sideshow because it’s going to allow me to
write whatever I want keep doing what I’m doing as far as blog content. And while I’m having an honest moment, I’ll also admit that Sideshow is a reference from Nashville, the ABC show I’m really into these days.
With the blog, expect stories, pictures, an occasional recipe, and hopefully other funny or interesting pieces of interest. I’m not planning for much to change in regards to content, but please continue to join me in the journey as we figure out together where Sideshow may go.
Cheers to 2014! Let’s make it good.
I think I lived up to This Is My Year! with all the fun and fantastic things I did in 2013. Big and small, I loved so much of this year.
Bonus memories of honorable mention: