I love blogs! To be honest, I catch up on my blogs while on the exercise bike
as blogs help me forget the pain I subject myself to while buring calories. I find blog-reading while biking to be a productive and fun habit.
- I love A Beautiful Mess, sometimes just for the pictures! Talk about a well-done blog. ABM is a super polished, professional, fun and crafty blog that I’ve enjoyed for several years. I love that ABM is spearheaded by two sisters (shout-out to my cyber-role-models Elise + Emma!). I love that ABM has a vast variety of content, including home decor, recipes, crafts, and fashion! I also love the personal blogs of some of the contributors.
- [ABM Contributor] Rachel’s personal blog is Smile and Wave. Rachel is honestly one of the reasons I started to wear my hair curly (!!) and she posts very cute things related to crafts, home decor, and her kids.
- [ABM Contributor] Katie’s personal blog is Skunkboy and her posts always include really good pictures, and often fashion, crafts and recipes. I think Katie is adorable and she someone I’d love to meet someday.
- Honest moment on the blog: I just today started following [ABM Contributor] Laura’s blog, The Band Wife. I think Laura is one of the prettiest and classiest ladies ever (read: I want to BE Laura) so I figure I will probably adore her blog, too.
Jumping off the ABM train:
- Another blog that I totally love is the Lauren Conrad blog! From Chic of the Week to health tips to Friday Favorites to sneak peaks of Lauren’s clothes line at Kohl’s, I’m always interested in what Lauren posts.
- I recently discovered His & Hers Daily Grind and I’m really getting into it! I’ve mostly just looked at fashion pictures so far, but I find this couple to be adorable and inspiring…and I admire their polished-looking blog.
- I love Kendi Everyday because it’s a blog that makes me think about my friend Victoria who shares a love for blogs with me. I love a lot of Kendi’s outfits, and even though I often look at her pictures without reading the posts, Kendi really is a good writer, too.
- FAVORITE BLOG, COMING RIGHT UP! Katie Did What is my #1-absolute-favorite blog. Katie is so pretty, she loves Jesus, she’s got great taste in fashion, she values her health, she watches the bachelor, and she adores her husband. Her blog features a variety of topics and I really admire Katie’s optimism and cutesy spirit and writing style.
Besides word of mouth from friends, I discover blogs (and keep up with them!) through Bloglovin‘ which can be used on the computer or as an app (or both!).
What other blogs do you follow?
I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was full – mostly with fun and all with good company.
Every once in a while I like to highlight some stuff I’m currently into. So, without further ado:
Reading: Allegiant (Veronica Roth’s third book of the Divergent series). So far I’d say this is my favorite of the series!
Watching: Grey’s Anatomy and Baby Daddy on Netflix; The Bachelor on actual TV.
Into: Cover bands, actually! Think about it: a cheap concert and you know all the songs. What more could you want?
Eating: Protein bars are still my jam as well as fish, sweet potatoes, and some stellar slow-cooked chicken. And oatmeal with egg whites for breakfast. Love starting my day that way!
Drinking: Cofffeeeeeee. And iced coffee. And I just bought some cashew milk to go in my coffee since it’s new and not bad for you. Oh, and so much water! Shout-out to my pal Victoria for getting me on that train. (Or should I say boat?)
Wearing: Sweater-scarf-vest combos and fancy studded earrings. The warmest clothing items of my wardrobe!
Can’t wait for: Baseball season! Summer concerts! Pitch Perfect 2 and Insurgent.
Blog Crushing: (Yes, it’s a thing at least in my world) Always ABM (and Skunkboy) and always Lauren Conrad but I’m also totally into Katie Did What right now.
That’s it for now friends! Here’s to a fresh week ahead!
I have a festive family-the kind that all shouts “Timber!” when my dad cuts down the Christmas tree. The kind that sings “Take Me Out To The Ballgame” and “Roll Out The Barrel” at baseball games (even if the game is minor-league and no one else stands to sing). The kind that busts out maracas for our birthdays so we can shake them and exclaim, “it’s my birthday” just for the fun of it and to relive a funny memory from a road trip for good time’s sake.
My dad always jokes that he’s going to make a Christmas list with several pages, probably an appendix, and definitely pictures. So, I now present to you my illustrated Christmas list. Keep in mind this list is not exclusive and is merely ideas.
Here we go:
1. To-Go mug/Tumblr such as this Anne Taintor one.
2. Boots-maybe gray or black.
3. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book.
4. Cute clothes, like this shirt.
5. I love these leg warmers!
6. Scarves, perhaps from Etsy and preferably infinity scarves.
7. Cute dresses like this one. I can’t find the link, but I loooove the gold.
8. Basically anything from Paper Source but especially a calendar!
9. I could see myself wearing some kind of fur scarf like this.
10. I think this is the best sweater ever!
11. Artwork by Marc Johns or other artists I like (ie Kelly Rae Roberts, Leigh Standly, Amy Borrell, etc)
And that concludes this year’s illustrated Christmas Wish List. Cheers!
I am loving this weekend with my sister, Elizabeth. We have enjoyed an above-average amount of chill time, shopping time, and coffee time. I finally got to see The Great Gatsby (loooved it BTW). We ate at Noodles&Co (my favorite!) and we also got to attend a bachelorette party for our future sister-in-law, Melissa (gummy bears, enough said).
Elizabeth and I are planning to move in together in the beginning of 2014; we already have the place locked in and named. I cannot wait to share some exciting plans in the works regarding our new place.
Best dinner: 1/2 pesto cavatappi and 1/2 penne rosa. Both with rice noodles of course. #GFlife
I’m turning myself in on account of two selfies.
Have you all heard of “Hello Giggles”? If you have, you may have read the open letters section. Talk about funny stuff, people (for the record, my favorite open letters include: To Voicemail Messages, to Braces, and to Selfies). Anyway the Open Letter ot selfies convicted me to limit those personal portraits; at its least the article made me thin before I post. This morning, for example, I as I was waiting at my gate for both of my flights (of course it was $50 cheaper to have a connecting flight) I felt the need to “document the occasion.” I considered taking a picture of the hipster coffee stand at the first airport, but I got to thinking about the whole IF ANYONE ACTS IN AN UNUSUAL OR SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR thing, and with this being my first flight alone I thought of the words spoken by Fat Amy herself, “mm, better not.”
At that point I came to another thought-if I want to document my first solo flight experience, I have two choices:
- Take a picture out the window, or
- Selfie. My thought process:
If I take a picture out the window, the guy sitting in front of me is bound to assume I’m taking a picture of him; hence the whole “unusual/suspicious” thing.
I opted for the selfie:
Is it considered a second offense if I took another selfie at the next airport? Would it be wasteful if I spent $4 on a single honey Greek yogurt? Is it “double and drost” (as the Dutch say) that I bought an iced coffee, a magazine, and a pen at the airport? Wow, now I’m beginning to feel bad.
The good news is, I’m in a good mood that can’t be shaken. I told myself, “I’ll be happy as soon as I am seated in that second plane.” And here I am, writing away here at 12B all buckled in and making good use of my new pen. And now…off to check out my latest magazine…