Hey y’all let’s talk about snacks! I think my diet is sustainable thanks to the snacks I was allowed to eat. I eat a snack a few hours after each meal; usually at 10:00 and at 3:00 (and again before bedtime).
Almost every day, I eat a Dannon Greek Light & Fit yogurt-they’re high in protein, fairly low in carbs and contain only 80 calories! Bonus points because they TASTE GOOD too! And they’re gluten-free! My favorite flavor is caramel macchiato but there are other good ones out there too (honorable mentions: toasted coconut, raspberry chocolate, salted caramel).
Sometimes, when I’m feeling wild and crazy (ha), I will have other snacks that were allowed:
- Protein bars or granola bars
- Make sure they’re not loaded with sugar!
- My favorite granola bars: KIND, Skinny Girl
- My favorite protein bars: Quest, ThinkThin
- Berries are especially healthy
- Blending a frozen banana with cocoa makes an excellent treat
- Cottage cheese
- Go for some kind of low-fat option
- Other yogurt
- Regular yogurt (as opposed to Greek) is OK too
- Chobani has a great 100 calorie Greek option
- Plain Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and cinnamon is great!
- Apple and 1 T peanut butter
- Fun fact: apples boost your metabolism!
- PB2 is a great lower calorie peanut-butter option
- Small handful of almonds or walnuts
- Unsalted, no added sugars, and not too many!
- Protein shake
- Add water (not milk) to protein powder
- Buy a reputable brand, from your gym or GNC
- Taste is best when blended with ice 🙂