Happy Sunday everyone! Since today’s December 7 I decided to go with Seven Christmas things I love, as a post today:
- Christmas songs! Today’s featured song is “The First Noel” by Carrie Underwood (because you literally CANNOT go wrong with Carrie Underwood Christmas, am I right?)
- Starbucks, because if any company is obsessed with the Christmas season, it’s Starbz. From the red cups to the “Oh What Fun” daily bonus stars to the seasonal Christmas drinks (has anyone tried the Chestnut Praline Latte?), I love the spirit of the store.
- This Guy (and his medley), because the music sounds good and he’s wearing different bow-ties in each screen. TBH I’d recommend minimizing the screen and listening without watching (am I the only one who gets weirded out watching videos like this?). Anyways, trust me, it sounds good.
- Christmas tree hunting with my family. Although we didn’t have the full crew this year, we still enjoyed the tradition.
- Presents! Not to sound overly materialistic but let’s be honest. Giving and receiving are equally fun- especially because the giving part is also an excuse to buy some shiny wrapping paper and maybe even some bows.
- Lights! Tinsel! Nice people! The general Christmas spirit creates a lovely atmosphere, and brings out peoples’ best. I love it!
- The hope the season brings! I’ve been reading an advent devotion from desiringgod.org and today’s reflection was based on the book of Mark and how it begins and ends with hope for all nations-not just for the Jews.